We are looking for a Supervisor, Production Maintenance Systems to join the Envision AESC France team to lead the battery plant operation and develop a new world-class and innovative mass manufacturing Gigafactory. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, large-scale industrial developments in many years, where new and emerging technologies will be adopted in support of the rapidly growing electric vehicle marketplace.
Purpose – Supervisor, Production Maintenance Systems
The Supervisor will be part of a support team responsible for the Douai plant in the development, launch, and upkeep of the Production Maintenance Systems while also ensuring compliance with the Global standards and rules. This role will be heavily focused on training as well as a hands-on shop floor support.
The Supervisor will provide leadership, coaching, guidance, training, and staff development; supports organizational and team annual goals that relate to corporate KPIs, and track these goals for each phase of a project. Participates heavily in the development, launch, and upkeep of the Envision AESC Production Maintenance Systems.
- Participates in the development, launch, and upkeep of the production management system based on lean manufacturing principles
- Revises and maintains regional documents based on global feedback and customer needs at an established frequency
- Facilitates onboarding of new persons to the Douai plant
- Prepares recurring reports and makes necessary internal communications
- Ensures the success of new launches through shop floor support and training
- Correlates shop floor activities to organizational KPIs
- Maintains SharePoint (or similar) standards database for the production system
- Supports compliance with industry standards and internal QMS procedures
- Provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training, and staff development
- Performs Internal audits to ensure compliance with standards/rules
- Participates in the facilitation of key Envision AESC Production Way activities such as total quality management (TQM)
- As necessary, be able to support different shift schedules
- As necessary, perform other related duties of which the above are representative.
Background and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of lithium battery manufacturing, product knowledge, battery manufacturing processes and equipment, and related information systems. Preferred experience in NPW, APW, TPS, or similar lean manufacturing production system training and execution.
- Related professional-level experience.
- Experience in a supervisory role exhibiting leadership skills.
- Fluent in French and English
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a multi-cultural organization