Envision AESC is the world’s leading battery technology company and lithium-ion battery manufacturer with battery plants in Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States, and China. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of France's highest profile manufacturing plants as Envision AESC is building a new battery manufacturing plant in Douai, Hauts-de-France to support its business growth in Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, large-scale industrial developments in many years, where new and emerging technologies will be adopted in support of the rapidly growing electric vehicle marketplace.
Senior Manager of Process & Quality Engineering acts as a work and thought leader, providing leadership to the Process Engineering and Quality Assurance departments.
The Senior Manager will contribute to multiple cross functional teams by providing valuable insight and leadership throughout the Douai battery plant. Responsible for leading the activities of the Quality department consisting of Technologists, Lab Personnel, Quality Engineers, and Quality Management. Develops strategy and leads efforts to ensure high levels of internal quality, supplier part quality, as well as warranty target achievement and customer quality issue resolution.
In addition, the Senior Manager is responsible for leading activities of the Process Engineering department, including new model and minor model program management, daily production engineering support for plant operations, efficiency improvement, scrap reduction, and equipment acquisition. The Senior Manager will foster continuous improvement to develop, align, and exceed key performance indicators.
- Manages major and minor model manufacturing plan development and execution, including trials and launch of new equipment and tooling; confirms new and minor model program requirements; ensures requirements for quality, delivery, cost, and safety are met; addresses production to ensure countermeasures are made in a timely manner; ensures program targets are met at each trial or development stage.
- Manages and leads the development of budgets for new model programs and ensures adherence to the approved budgets once programs are contracted.
- Responsible for development and achievement of plant goals and objectives as they pertain to quality, cost, delivery, and safety.
- Establishes and monitors quality performance to cost budgets, including scrap, labour, and expense within the Quality and Engineering departments. Implements proper measures to continually reduce costs.
- Ensures continuous cooperation with operations departments regarding investigations and resolutions of chronic or severe in-plant quality problems.
- Leads a group of engineering managers responsible for the Quality and Process Engineering departments.
- Establishes and monitors quality performance within the department. Uses good problem-solving techniques to identify root cause. Implements actions to eliminate further occurrences.
- Administers shop floor management systems to ensure compliance and increase customer satisfaction.
- Monitors safety performance daily and facilitates implementation of action to improve safety performance. Proactive in identifying and addressing safety concerns before an accident occurs.
- Identifies potential improvements and implements new department processes, systems, and tracking processes to achieve departmental KPIs.
- Coordinates with Envision AESC engineering and design groups to implement changes in battery or parts design; develops processes and plans to improve manufacturability and resolve PQA concerns and early field feedback quality concerns; provides feedback to Japan regarding design as it affects manufacturing. As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
- Supports manufacturing as required to meet goals with continuous process improvements; provides direction to manufacturing regarding manpower utilization and efficiency, and ergonomics. Provides direction and responsibilities for employees centered on training, objectives, development of standards within the job function, and New Model plant preparation.
Background and requirements
- Background in supporting a highly technical Lithium-Ion or automotive-related manufacturing environment is highly desired. Experience in supporting the operations across various levels and functions.
- Ten or more years of comprehensive professional experience in a similar function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of international standards organization (ISO) 90001 manufacturing quality standards, ISO 14000 environmental standards, and IATF 16949 standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all staff levels and disciplines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other PC applications to produce non-standard, creative products.
- Ability to travel
- Fluent in French and English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work cross functionally in a multi-cultural organization