Due to expansion, Intelligent Employment are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager, with a strong knowledge of Wind and other renewable energy industries. This position will manage multiple, high value energy project developments through the full life cycle for ECP Germany and in close coordination with the Renewable Energies business line of the company; will conduct and lead business development and M&A activities across predominantly wind technologies. Will coordinate an interdisciplinary team involved in all stages of project development and/or M&A, from conception through tender participation and handover to Engineering and Construction (E&C), and from NBO, due diligence and binding agreements for M&A projects.
You will primarily work within Germany, or German speaking countries and your tasks will include;
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities including but not limited to greenfield, co-development, and acquisition of energy projects: navigate large amount of information to come to a quick and effective decision on whether to pursue projects without unnecessarily expending internal resources.
- Collaborate with project specialists to support a project’s development including regulatory consultation, land agreements review, permitting, basic legal review, basic engineering review, and financial model assumptions, including the coordination of several functional areas internal and external to EGP Germany. For opportunities to acquire operating assets, participate in/coordinate the due diligence process.
- Obtain internal approvals to allow projects to progress, preparing documentation for Investment Committee approval, and Handover to E&C. Report on project development status to management via written reports and participation in weekly calls.
- Prepare a budget for each project and manage ongoing project development expenses throughout project life cycle to ensure that the project is meeting the estimates of the financial model.
- Represent project and company externally to establish and support companies corporate social responsibility policy, which includes managing landowner and community relationship; and participate and track local project jurisdictional legislation and other regulatory affairs to support entitlement of development projects.
- Support the E&C team during the construction process; monitor contracts for services and project agreements.
- Support AFC and legal in various financial transactions with third parties in order to ensure transaction terms are as favorable to EGP Germany as possible for projects; assist with the negotiations of commercial agreements in order to maximize value creation to EGP Germany.
- Deep knowledge of renewable market in Germany with focus on wind, business and financing models etc with proven track record of development and M&A project management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective communication (verbal, written, and presentation) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work within multi-disciplinary project teams and establish relationships and work with marquee clients
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and fast changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative independent thinker; demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team
- Extensive knowledge and experience with key wind project contracts: Land agreements, PPA, Interconnection & O&M
- Ability to evaluate, coordinate and bring to resolution legal, political and regulatory issues related to the project
- Deep understanding of origination and the experience with the RFP processes
- Experienced in coordinating Due Diligence and project development activities with cross functional resources, peers, and outside consultants to ensure project is progressing in accordance with schedule
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years’ experience wind development and M&A in Germany.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with development processes and procedures (environmental, interconnection and transmission studies, securities etc.) mandated timing, parties and agencies involved in successful project development.
- Ability to analyze development or M&A opportunities; project fatal flaws etc.
- Experience with contract management, lease negotiations, and O&M are beneficial to understanding the end product and comes with development experience.
- Regular driver’s license required
- Full proficiency in German as well as proficiency in English
- domestic travel with limited international travel
A global leader in the renewable energy sector, operating in Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania and Africa. Our client produces solar, wind, hydro and geothermal energy.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Simon@intelligentemployment.com