Intelligent Employment are recruiting a Senior Accountant for our client, an international oil business and based in its Cologne office.
Short description of the core task:
- They are responsible for the day to day business in the financial accounting (main and subsidiary) with that main account and accounts receivable, and ensure the complete, timely and correct accounting of transactions and coordinate payment transactions. The completion of evaluations and monthly or yearly financial statements round off their diverse range of tasks.
Tasks in detail:
- Responsible review and posting of business transactions in SAP FI Receivables management and credit limit control, negotiations with credit insurers Payment transactions, posting and matching bank accounts Liquidity monitoring and planning Intercompany vote Handling tax issues in the sales area Supervision of inventories, valuation, inventory monitoring Preparation of statistics and the notifications to the Finanzamt and the Bundesbank Preparation or participation in monthly and annual financial statements Development of adequate financial processes and ensuring compliance Representation in the accounts payable area.
- Business studies or commercial training, further education to the accountant mind. 5 years’ relevant professional experience in the accounting of an international company or auditing. Very good knowledge of business and English spoken and written.
Technical skills and competencies:
- Versatile handling of MS office applications, especially with Excel sound knowledge of SAP R/3 (FI) Strong analytical and numerical understanding.
Personal skills and competences:
- Teamwork and resilience independent, self-responsible and structured working method, high quality consciousness and conscientiousness, team reliability and reliability hand on mentality.