Purpose for Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Maintain existing approvals and secure new approvals for product construction changes, consistent with company product development and implementation plan time-tables. Prepare documents, which provide evidence of compliance to requirements established in Europe by CE Directives for the sale of products.
Obtain and maintain product efficiency and safety approvals (electrical, gas, steam, pressure, thermal, mechanical and E.M.C.) from national, state and municipal authorities as required by regulations primarily in Europe.
Obtain quotes, review invoices and maintain expense logs for each project and agency.
Support compliance to regulations involving “stewardship” including recycling, environmental restriction of substances, and manufacturer-extended responsibility at equipment end-of-life.
Coordinate required agency tests and visits with Product Engineering Managers. Schedule visits by agency engineers as required by standards. Arrange for test samples to be sent to accredited test labs.
- Create and submit technical reports in the formats prescribed by European Conformity legislation – CE Mark. Schedule and facilitate construction reviews of product designs
- Provide monthly updates of assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer individual with at least 5 – 8 years’ experience in product design, testing and agency approvals for Europe.
- Must be Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuitry design and mechanical principals. Prefer individual with knowledge of manufactured products.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in using Personal Computer w/ software of MS Office
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must have strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated technical report writing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter, who with knowledge of the project input and goal, can meet deadlines for agency approval reports Able to handle multiple-projects over an extended period of time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Physical Requirements & Location
- This position is 50% home based, ideally from the UK or The Netherlands.
- Position includes international travel into the European region. The ideal candidate should live in the region and need to travel in the region up to 20%.
If you are looking for a new challenge within an exciting company then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.