R&D Manager Automotive Additives
Our client is a fortune 200 diversified, an industrial manufacturing company founded on innovation, teamwork and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. This company manufactures and supplies speciality and innovative chemical products for the automotive aftermarket. They are now looking for an R&D Manager To join their team in Belgium.
- Maximizes product profitability and improve product performances
- Assures competitiveness and innovation of products and processes
- Ensures the growth of technical knowledge within the department making sure this is shared, documented and constantly increasing.
- Maintains and optimizes efficient organisation and operation of the lab
- Manage the development of projects that:
- Improve the (cost) efficiency and quality of our products and procedure
- Focus on New Product Development, considering consumer needs and trends, competition analysis, etc.
- Develop new formulations from concept to production
- Conduct comparative tests of products in the market.
- Participate in the follow-up of evolutions of market needs & technologies.
- Interface with other (internal and external) stakeholders, cooperates closely with Product Management to ensure customer focus and smooth transition of new products
- Assess (raw) materials to identify opportunities.
- Provide workload planning to ensure optimal balance between control/quality activities and project support by the lab
- Take initiatives to share and formally document the available knowledge within the department and to keep records up-to-date with respect to raw material specifications, formulations, quality data, etc.
- Take initiatives to record, maintain and improve accuracy and precision of laboratory tests, in accordance with set requirements
- Register, examine, report and follow up on possible complaints
- Supervision of MSDS of mother formulas/blends
- Provide (internal) training about our products and component properties and makes knowledge available for development of training material
- Supervise the maintenance & calibration of lab equipment and a correct use of the lab equipment in line with EHS restrictions
- Supervise the lab-team (R&D/Quality)
- Set goals and follow up on execution of these goals
- Motivate and train team members
- Ensure deadlines are developed and monitored for each project and reports regularly on the status of projects.
- Serve as point of contact for certification of products and related audits
- Encourage “best-practice” sharing and liaising with other units, e.g. R&D Kraft
Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualifications: Master/Bachelor in Chemistry is required
- Experience: minimum 5 years of experience in R&D role
- Knowledge: a good knowledge of R&D processes and automotive is required
- Languages: fluency in Dutch and English
- Strong leadership and ownership
- Capability in managing people and complexity in an international environment
- Capability to promote team-working and collaboration among the different functions and departments
- Analytical rigour and solid process management and way of working
- A real market-orientation in defining/prioritizing projects
- Out-of-the-box thinking and encouragement of driving for creative, marketable solution
- Drive for excellence