Intelligent Employment, on behalf of our client, are offering a key role essential in the support and financial steering of our clients organisation in the UK. The job offers the opportunity for an experienced financial professional to fulfil the role as an all-round financial officer in an international environment. As part of a small team (s)he will work together with the office assistant to run all aspects of the company finances in the UK and report to the Manager Business Control in The Netherlands. The role offers the candidate opportunity to engage in a wide range of aspects of finance and some HR activities, including the day-to-day running of the company’s financial accounting, project control, business control, risk management, auditing, statutory reporting, taxes and cash management.
A good working relationship with the other UK staff, the central financial accounting & treasury departments in the Netherlands as well as to external supplier who provides administrative & tax services is key to be successful in this roll.
The successful candidate is likely to be a professional, team player, hands-on, self-starter, with at least five years’ experience in financial accounting.
The role is a very broad finance function which entails:
- Organizing and maintaining the company’s financial accounting in SAP
- Annual budgeting and multiyear forecasting
- Preparation of management reports (incl. variance analysis)
- Overseeing the purchase to pay process
- Preparations for the annual audits and compiling the statutory accounts and corporate tax returns for the company and its subsidiary companies
- Cash management and VAT declarations.
- Supporting improvements in the internal control framework of the company
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- Knowledgeable in the use and maintenance of financial administrative systems.
- Able to build and maintain good relationships with the auditor, bank and the company HQ financial departments in the Netherlands.
- Organized, hands-on, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Strong integrity related competences (independent and sensitive).
- Willing to take on what’s required in a small team
- Supportive of the company’s mission and core values.
- Professional qualification in finance on CIMA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent level.
- Five years’ experience in a finance role (including responsibility for running the accounts) in a small to medium sized company; or (nearly) qualified auditor who envisages as a next step in their carrier, a move into a finance position.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- High level of drive, energy and resilience, with a very strong ‘can-do’ attitude
What’s on offer?
- Bonus opportunity
- Competitive salary / bonus reviewed regularly and benchmarked against industry
- Full health care
- Stakeholder Pension
- Gym membership
Working with my client means working for a sustainable company; their aim is to create a new world – a new world that is smarter, better, cleaner, more fun and more liveable. My client is a subsidiary of a European business that has over 4,000 employees.
Since 2008, the UK business has built an impressive portfolio of five wind farms in Scotland amounting to over 200MW of capacity. In 2013, an additional office near Inverness was opened to support their growing portfolio in Scotland.
After building a successful asset base, the business is now exploring energy as a service and works with partners to offer sustainable energy solutions for both businesses and consumers.