Intelligent Employment is seeking to recruit an Industrial Distributor Manager for our client, an international oil company. The position is based in and covers the German market.
You will be responsible to develop and manage the Industrial Indirect business within an agreed geographical area by building a strong commercial relationship with the Industrial Distributors and developing joint business plans targets and objectives per distributor.
The role will include enhancing the capabilities of current Industrial Distributors and selecting new Distributor Partners who can effectively promote and improve the industrial performance of the company and contribute to the growth in total volume and market share by establishing a sell-through approach.
- Manage the annual business planning process with each Distributor Partner, including its implementation, follow-up and review, in a “sell-through” approach, maximising the company sales and marketing initiatives.
- To complete a review and selection of suitable Distributor Partners to achieve company objectives of profitability, selling the right product & service offering to the right end customer.
- Establish a plan to build capability and knowledge transfer to the Distributor Partner sales team and organisation, including training facilitation and coaching
- Monitor market trends and competitor activity; sharing these insights with the Marketing teams and other functions as required.
- Lead all engagements with the Distributor Partner and representing their voice internally to all company functions
- Establish the company Industrial brand within the country
- Identify suitable Distributor Partners to help us establish brand in the related country
- Create a business strategy for the region to ensure we can meet the 1-2-3-4 Strategy growth aspirations
- Minimum degree in Engineering or any related discipline.
- 5+ years of Distributor Management experience.
- Sound Lubricant and/or Industrial sector background.
- Joint business planning (to enable sell through culture) and Distributor selection skills
- Excellent communication and coaching skills (training experience desirable)
- Language skills: English and suitable language for region