The Head of HR will design, plan, and implement human resources programs for the plant. Together with functional leadership thorough the organization the HR Partner will ensure the business attracts, develops, and engages high-quality talent at all levels. They will need to administer corporate policies as well as develop local policies, relating to compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, and health and safety programs.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, large scale industrial developments in many years, where new and emerging technologies will be adopted in support of the rapidly growing electric vehicle marketplace.
This role is both hands-on and strategic. The Head of HR will design, plan, and implement human resources programs for the plant. Administer corporate policies as well as develop local policies, relating to compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, and health and safety programs.
The Head of HR will partner with functional leadership thorough the organization to ensure the business attracts, develops, and engages high-quality talent at all levels and maintains a positive and effective culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
Work with global HR and business team to develop effective organizational structures and on specific job design and levelling to drive organizational health.
Develop local labour policies, manage dispute resolutions involving unions, management, employees, or government agencies
Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation, and follow-through.
In partnership with leaders, develop workforce plans that ensure the company’s success for the long term
Establish and maintain recruitment channels to meet the talent recruiting needs and recruit candidates and gauge both technical skills and chemistry of candidates for fit.
Background & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, candidates with a Master’s degree in human resource management and industrial/labour relations would be given preference
- 10+ years HR work experience
- Sound manufacturing industry human resource management and recruiting experience is a plus, preferably from within the Automotive sector
- Experience working in a global company with a fast-paced working environment
- Stakeholder management experience and a strong relationship builder / influencer
- Meticulous attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; strong interpersonal skills
- Result-driven, willing to take challenges and work under pressure, with entrepreneurship
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English; Chinese or Japanese is a plus
- Strong and clear communicator
- Problem solving