Country Chair & Business Developer – Offshore Wind at RWE!
The wind power industry is growing and we want to strengthen our team in Scandinavia with a Business Development Manager to our offshore department.
At RWE you will have a dynamic job where relationships building, hands-on decision making and progression will be an integrate part of your daily work. Our driving force is to push boundaries which can only be achieved by having curious and dedicated employees with a will to constantly challenge themselves Are you who we are looking for?
At RWE you will have the opportunity to work in the exciting business of offshore wind power, where every day will present new and interesting challenges which will help you grow and reach your goals and hopefully having fun throughout the way. As a member of our team you will work together with motivated and knowledgably colleagues where your contribution will be an important part of RWE Renewables' journey for a sustainable energy production.
As a Country Chair & Business Developer you are rresponsible and accountable for wider business representation and network outside of individual projects. You also acts as Managing Director of the main legal entity in the country, as such covering legal representation. As a secondary responsibility, the Country Chair & Business Developer will also be responsible for administrative matters in the country organization (unless they are explicitly in the responsibility of a global function), e.g. matters of office organization.
We work in an international context which requires regular travel, with English as a business language and are we now looking for you who want to develop with us in an industry that invests for the future.
As Business Development Manager you will;
• Execute the growth strategy through origination of new development opportunities within offshore wind globally
• Actively represent RWE in high level political, regulatory, industry and press/media events and opportunities and in communication.
• Senior stakeholder engagement
• Contribute to establishing RWE Renewables presence in new markets
• Represent Offshore Wind in the negotiation with potential partners
• Maintain ongoing relationships with partners ensuring RWE Renewable’s position is optimised whilst mitigating risks to the business
• Support Offshore development activities, budgeting, strategy and board approval processes (partnering, CfD, FID/FC)
• Provide general commercial expertise within the offshore department as issues arise across the portfolio
• Covering especially regulatory/political engagement
• Senior level company representation (both with political/regulatory stakeholders, but also with industry associations etc.)
• Identification and support of inorganic business opportunities (incl. strategic partnerships, to be developed together with the Partnering function).
This is an exciting role within RWE and the successful applicant will be a key member of a company with ambitious growth targets. We are offering you, a self-confident and independent business development manager the possibility to leverage your existing skill-sets to further enhance the capabilities of RWE Renewables in the highly competitive area of offshore wind.?
To thrive and succeed in this team-focused and fun job, we believe that you are communicative, structured and driven and that you of course share our passion for wind power! In addition, you should be an all-round artist with a personal impact and a commercial mind topped off with a little flexibility.
We also think you have:
• Degree in business administration, engineering, renewable energy, environment or similar subject and a number of years of work experience in the field-
• Very strong networker and communicator; ideally with a relevant existing network at senior level within the country. Ideally experience in the (Renewable) Energy business in Finland.
• Very good collaboration skills within the organization. Ability and willingness to collaborate across functions within the organization for the greater good of the RWE business in the country, despite not having an own operational responsibility.
• Business level English and Finish, other language skills are an advantage;
• Experienced commercial professional with experience in the energy sector in commercial, investment management or business development roles
• Ability to influence markets, potential partners and other stakeholders in order to create opportunities advantageous to RWE Renewables
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility at all levels, across functions of the business.
• Ability to make recommendations and implement decisions effectively, in a timely manner, while reporting key issues to management
• Hands-on experience devising the implementation of strategies or similar within commercial projects is desirable. Previous experience within the offshore renewable energy industry is advantageous.
• General understanding of the components of offshore wind assets including cost drivers and key risks and opportunities is desirable.
• A flexible approach as some international travel and attending meetings outside home time zone can be expected.
You will be based in Helsinki. Our business language is English, but since you will mainly work in Scandinavia and hence, you must be fluent in Finish in addition to English. Please however apply in English.
We handle applications on an ongoing basis, so feel free to apply for the position as soon as possible.
Everyone is equally different and everyone is welcome at RWE! At RWE, we work actively for increased diversity and gender equality, because we know that it gives good results. That's why YOU are interesting to us.
Who is RWE? We’re a global company committed to sustainability, decarbonization, and innovation. Our team is passionate about developing, building, owning, and operating wind, solar and energy storage projects. We are part of an energy group with high ambitions for renewable energy and we are in the starting pits for our journey together with approximately 3,500 colleagues in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Pacific. In other words, there are good opportunities to develop further within the organization. In your role, you have great freedom to set up your work in the way that suits you. Our culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, openness and commitment. With us, you get a dynamic job where relationships, development and strategy will become an even bigger part of your everyday life.