Based out of our client’s Scottish office in Inverness, the vacancy is one requiring a range of technical, environmental and management skills. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of technical knowledge of civil infrastructure, at least five years technical experience within the civil construction industry and had experience of environmental compliance in regards to operational wind farms. Candidates who can demonstrate a suitably high level of competence and technical experience within other industries will also be considered. The individual will be highly motivated and have the ability to instill enthusiasm in others. The candidate will also need to be flexible in working over as the occasion requires, they will be required to travel to operational sites across Scotland and occasional travel to the company’s headquarters in the Netherlands. In addition, there is an expectation that the candidate would be required to be on call as required (likely to be every third weekend). A degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline is preferred but not essential.
Whilst the formal reporting line is to the Head of Assets, the individual must thrive and be effective as part of a small but dynamic team.
As a Civils Engineer/Environmental Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Working day-to-day with the relevant stakeholders to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operations of assets within the existing portfolio e.g. planning & scheduling works whilst assessing/mitigating both physical and commercial risks
- Preparation, review and delivery of detailed civil asset management documentation to mitigate foreseen risks to agreed timescales
- Preparation, review and delivery of detailed environmental asset management documentation adhering to budgetary and consented obligations
- Financial control throughout (budgeting, forecasting and works delivery)
- Identify and ensure that adequately trained contractors/staff and resources are in place to ensure optimum performance of operational civil assets
- Working to corporate guidance, take responsibility for implementing site safety, security and environmental management
- Liaison with various service providers e.g. civil contractors, ornithologists, to ensure the delivery of quality workmanship throughout and the provision of data for management reports
- Liaison with all stakeholders e.g. Landowners, communities, service providers etc. to manage company interests whilst ensuring mutual respect for all parties
- Participation in on-call rota
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- A range of relevant experience in general contractor management
- Substantial knowledge of construction industry best health, safety and environmental practice and a capability of ensuring contractors embrace these principals and apply them during day to day working practices
- An understanding of maximizing yield and reducing losses from renewable energy assets
- An understanding of asset management practices
- An ability to communicate knowledgeably and effectively in a variety of forums and circumstances to a variety of stakeholders
- Good IT and communication skills
- Possession of a full car license
What’s on offer?
- Bonus opportunity
- Competitive salary / bonus reviewed regularly and bench marked against industry
- Full health care
- Stakeholder Pension
- Gym membership
Working with our client means working for a sustainable company; their aim is to create a new world – a new world that is smarter, better, cleaner, more fun and more livable. My client is a subsidiary of a European business that has over 4,000 employees.
Since 2008, the UK business has built an impressive portfolio of five wind farms in Scotland amounting to over 200MW of capacity. In 2013, an additional office near Inverness was opened to support their growing portfolio in Scotland.
After building a successful asset base, the business is now exploring energy as a service and works with partners to offer sustainable energy solutions for both businesses and consumers.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Simon@intelligentemployment.com