AREA SALES MANAGER
Reporting to General Sales Manager and responsibilities include developing and driving sales across the full range of Engineered Materials Portfolio in the Sales Area and customer base.
This will be achieved with a professional approach, developing strong business relationships with customers, prospects, and distributors.
Sales Area Managers are expected to establish and maintain the company as a preferred supplier of products at the customer interface.
The Sales Manager maintains and expands relationships with customers in a defined area. The Sales Manager represents the entire range of products to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Account planning to ensure adequate coverage of assigned territory.
- Establish professional relationships with key decision makers at assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of Sales, Technical Customer Service and Marketing professionals, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, gross margin and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively leads a strategic account planning process that develops performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones in the selling process related to each target account’.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Supports Marketing as required, in expanding into new market segments
- To ensure compliance with all Company Safety standards and initiatives.
- To provide business and activity metrics as and when requested by Sales Management
- To attend tradeshow events.
- Utilization of Customer Relationship Management system
- Strong ability to work as coordinator and influencer on all levels
- Strong business acumen with broad global perspective on customers & end user industries
- Excellent communicator with the ability of working with the company & customer teams within the EMEA Region.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Capable of handling a variety of non-product sales related aspects like responsible care initiative, legal aspects, sustainability, Quality etc.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, open minded, flexible mind set
- Strategic thinker
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Ideally a university degree in Chemistry, Business/Economics or similar qualifications from an accredited institution or a comparable educational background
- · Minimum five years of sales experience in a highly competitive business-to-business sales environment, ideally within the chemical industry.