Applicant Development & Technical Service Manager Job Vacancy
A vital role in the growth of the Crop Protection business by introducing new applications and new markets, leading innovation projects and advising management on new technology acquisitions.
Looking for a homebased candidate OR office candidate in Milano.
Typical activities include:
- Lead the development of a new nematicide product – in Southern Europe and Middle East
- Visit and engage potential or existing customers together in conjunction with regional sales and marketing team to determine current and future agrochemical needs,
- Liaise with research group for technical support and new product development
- Develop in-depth knowledge base of agrochemical applications and markets
- Detect and develop new business opportunities for new products/customers/markets
- Detect business trends in the agrochemical market
- Look for cooperation with third parties/universities and for possible acquisition targets
- Provide technical support for regional sales team and customer base, organise training when necessary
- Participate in seminars and agro fairs.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Master/PhD degree in bio-engineering
- 5 years of relevant experience in the crop protection field
- Languages: English, Italian and Spanish needed, French is an asset.
- Customer oriented: understand the wishes and needs of the customer and act / think from that perspective
- Progress oriented: effectively guard / control the progress of the own tasks and other people’s related tasks
- Initiative: look constantly for opportunities and act accordingly. Take initiative instead of passively waiting, can take actions independently
- Learning oriented: pay attention to new information, absorb it and apply it effectively
- Innovation: mindset to continuously rethink the obvious – think out of the box
- Persistence / contracting: keep going until the goals have been reached and be oriented towards actual closing of binding agreements / contracts in commercially promising situations.
- International orientation: be able to deal with different habits / cultures in different countries
- Flexibility: adapt the own style of conduct and actions in order to achieve the goals, whenever problems or opportunities arise
- Flexible to travel globally (max 50% of the time)
If you are looking for a new challenge within an exciting company then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com