Intelligent Employment are recruiting a Finance Controller for an international oil company. Our client requires a Financial Controller to join its team in Krakow, Poland. You should have proven work experience as a finance controller.
Finance Controller Job Description:
Reporting to the Finance Manager Poland, you will take the responsibility of managerial P&L, BS, CF, Income statement submission and business planning & performance indicators according to the Region/Global standards. You will participate at the entire finance process for the Polish company.
You assist and support finance and other departments with economic and financial analysis necessary for the operational and strategic management of the country; support month-end closing activities, provide standardised financial analysis and reporting to local management and EU /HQ consolidation groups.
You will be actively involved in analysing the results of the company, providing strategic input to the business partners as well as performance insights to the Head Quarters.
Finance Controller Key Accountabilities:
- Drive the whole P&L and BS managerial process for Poland, including budgeting, strategic and operational MY planning, forecasting, strategic projects, monthly/quarterly/annual results;
- Support Finance Manager Poland on monthly closing process in order to align income statement to balance sheet;
- Provide robust analysis on current business trend and explain main variances from the plan at country level, business line and product performance;
- Deliver performance insights, ad-hoc analysis to support sales and marketing actual performance and project accurate forecast figures;
- Provide KPI, identify business efficiency opportunities and provide financial support on new project evaluation;
- Preparation and supervision of statutory financial statements and conducting of financial audits
- Manage other statutory reporting (Statistical Authorities, National Bank)
- Manage royalties reporting – data update, report preparation for Group purpose, information coordination with contractors,
- environmental reporting (recycling, OPEX, OPAK, battery, others): data gathering, report fixing in SAP (coordination of IT, technical data, Polish law rules, contact with vendor for recycling service support, local authorities responsible for indicated areas, lawyer)
- Develop a more accurate business analysis in accordance with the new European requirements focusing on Variance Analysis, Gap explanation and Action plan proposal;
- Improve business partnership: develop a shared forecast process in accordance to the new channel mapping; develop the commercial incentives tracking in cooperation with commercial controlling Europe.
Finance Controller Qualifications & Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or any related field.
Finance Controller Skills/Experience/Knowledge:
- 7+ years of progressive experience in areas of accounting and controlling
- Strong business acumen
- Proficiency extrapolating and analyzing data from ERP systems and Office systems
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Strong process and automation skills with experience in process reengineering
- Strong planning and financial analysis skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines