To deliver differentiated products for the Engine Oil Lubricants business, in line with the agreed business strategy and the requirements of the OEMs.
The individual will work closely with an experienced formulator, engineers, technical support team and marketing specialists to develop and enhance the technical performance of existing and new products.
Carry out competitor product evaluations and provide feedback to Marketing.
The job holder will support a number of global or regional projects, to deliver differentiated products and offers to the market in a timely manner.
- Project management including regular updates to all stakeholders at the appropriate level.
- Plan, execute and document product development support programmes and carry out laboratory work to develop experimental formulations leading to final products.
- Interact with component/additive suppliers and test laboratories.
- Data analysis / reporting and conclusions.
- Complete relevant documentation to release new formulations to the business and supply chain.
- Chemical and/or mechanical background. (Preferred to degree level)
- English – Good level of spoken and written, preferably fluent.
Essential experience and job requirements:
This position is ideally suited to an individual who has a demonstrated track record in problem solving, with clear evidence of well-developed project management skills, who is looking for a long term career in lubricant formulation and product development.
However, a range of relevant experience is acceptable since the successful candidate will be working closely with “experienced” technologists and under the guidance of the R&D Manager for Engine oils.
- Experienced in working safely in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently, develop priorities and ensure timely execution of projects for different stakeholders.
- Innovative approach to overcoming obstacles and an adaptive approach to achieve outstanding results.
- Ability to work in a team environment, sharing knowledge and information.
- Comfortable with looking for incremental solutions as well as major breakthroughs.
Other skills and knowledge:
- Attention to detail in setting up programs & analysing results.
- The ability to analyse results and form conclusions independently.
- Ability to provide accurate data in a timely manner to all stakeholders, in order to drive delivery of current business strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adjust the style of communication (oral and visual) to suit any audience.
These Competencies would be advantageous but not essential:
- Knowledge of lubricant component/package technology.
- Knowledge of physical and chemical analytical testing methods for Engine lubricants.
- Knowledge of mechanical testing methods for Engine oil lubricants.
- Basic business awareness.
- Competence with standard business-oriented I.T. software.